Hey there! I haven't posted in a while & decided I'd like to post something nature inspired in light of the beautiful summer breeze this evening...

Upon reading one of my favorite clothing company's (Free People) blogs, I discovered some nature inspired art that I thought was pretty inventive & wanted to share...

The project is called 'Little Drifters' and was organized by a company called booooooom & the Vancouver Sun. Participants were asked to gather pieces of driftwood, twigs, leaves, berries, dandelions, pine cones, feathers - pretty much anything that can be considered 'natural' - and build a little boat using only these materials! They were than asked to take their boat to a body of water & take a picture of it. I find them wonderfully creative & fun to view - each one has its own individual personality. I love the idea!

I actually already grab little pieces of nature here and there that inspire me. Whether it be seashells from the ocean to turn into jewelry that I wear, driftwood from the sand to use in decorative arrangements, or flowers from my garden to wear in my hair, nature has and always will play a strong presence in my inspiration for art. It is my root, my essence, & I study it not only to draw inspiration to create, but to draw answers for life.

Enjoy some of the photos below: (P.S. Here's a link to Summer Breeze if you'd like to listen while browsing.)



















0 Responses

Post a Comment